Saturday, July 2, 2011

Let's not forget....

I know it's past Memorial Day, and it's far from Veteran's Day, but, on Monday we, as a nation, celebrate Independence Day.  We Americans know how to party, and, all over the nation grills will be fired up, and watermelons will be sliced and folks will come together to celebrate, kick back with a cold one, and enjoy our freedom.  But freedom isn't free.  I've blogged about this before here  and  here and even here, but, I ran across this video made by a 15 year old girl.....I think she has alot to say.......




So, I guess, I'm just trying to remind us that maybe while we're celebrating our independence and freedom, and standing in awe of the amazing fireworks, we could say a quiet prayer for the men and women who are serving our country, fighting for our freedom, away on foreign soil far from home, making sure we can enjoy these things that we hold dear. Pray for their families, who hold down the fort, defacto single parents for months at a time.  I'm in awe of them.....because freedom is indeed not, free.


May you and yours richly enjoy your freedom this weekend.... :-)

Blessings....

Only Because of Jesus,

anne

No comments:

Post a Comment