Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ouch!

     Ya know when you read a quote, and it hits you right between the eyes?  Then you read it slowly, again, just to make sure you really just read what you read, and it hits even harder the second time?  Good, me too.....now read this one, and be prepared........

"Resentment is like drinking poison, and hoping it will kill your enemies."

                                                                          -- Nelson Mandela

     Wow, so very true!!!  Ouch!!  I know, theoretically, I knew this, I mean, Jesus talks about such things!  But I'd never heard it put so succinctly, maybe God was speaking to me, ok, He was speaking to me....sometimes, He uses the strangest things to get my attention, and show me the ugliness that has built up in my soul, that I didn't even realize was there...stuff that only He can cleanse me of....
(I'm gonna be brutally honest, I'm gonna show you the picture version of this, possibly the worst picture ever taken of me, no makeup, and taken at an angle that shows every line, every wrinkle, every blemish, NOT for the squeamish..). 

Photobucket


If you haven't run away screaming, I'll ask....
Did it speak to you? The quote, I mean....  I'd love to hear your thoughts.......


May your day be blessed....

Only Because of Jesus,

anne

PS 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch is right. NOT about your picture...but that quote. I've been resentful lately and it's only caused ME pain. I must confess and toss it out of my soul. Thanks, Annie, as always for your wise posts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete